One of the major cancers, constituting 4.7% of the death toll with its occurrence, is pancreatic cancer.
This cancer often goes unnoticed and is thus discreet when it comes to showing its existence in the body.
The factors of pancreatic cancer are detectable only in the later stages, where it becomes very challenging to treat the disease.
Of all cancer types, the risk of pancreatic cancer is high due to its concealing and aggressive nature.
Pancreatic cancer, thus, becomes very important to be detected with one’s vigilance and the expertise of the best cancer doctor in Gurgaon.
What are the symptoms and signs of pancreatic cancer?
The cancer growth is painless, and the pancreatic cancer cells silently advance without any warning bells.
In the later stages, when a pancreatic cancer patient assumes an abnormality in his body, by that time, the cancer growth has invaded the tissues and organs outside the pancreas.
95% of pancreatic cancer are pancreatic adenocarcinoma. This cancer unfortunately, is mostly detected in late stages, when curing cancer entirely is recorded as an infrequent incidence.
Determining the initial stages of pancreatic cancer may be tricky, but people with high-risk factors and those showing any abnormal changes should visit the best oncologist in Gurgaon.
Symptoms of pancreatic cancer-
- Abdominal pain will be mild and will radiate towards the back.
- Back pain.
- People with pancreatic cancer will show signs of jaundice.
- Greasy stools, dark urine.
- Due to the pain and swelling in the abdominal area, pancreatic cancer patients get a feeling of fullness, bloating even when they have not had their complete meal.
- The sensation of nausea.
The above symptoms are non-specific. It cannot be vouched that all the above-listed symptoms may indicate pancreatic cancer. The symptoms may be a result of other medical conditions as well.
No matter what the case is, anything outside of normalcy should be reported to a medical professional immediately.
There is less possibility of early-stage signs of pancreatic cancer, so being vigilant towards one’s health becomes more significant.
Overall body symptoms of pancreatic cancer-
As the rate of pancreatic cancer advances, the entire body system will be afflicted. The signs of a deranged health system are;
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Loss of appetite.
- Increased blood sugar level.
- As the pancreas is responsible for producing insulin, the adverse effect in the organ may also give a positive diagnosis of diabetes, but it occurs rarely.
The symptoms of rare pancreatic cancers-
Islet cells are a part of the pancreas. The abnormal cell growth in this part is a rare occurrence that accounts for less than 5% of all pancreatic tumors.
The signs of islets cells of pancreatic cancer are;
- Abdominal pain.
- Unintended weight loss.
- Fainting episodes due to low sugar levels.
- Excessive thirst, or urination.
- Elevated glucagon levels in the blood.
- Facial flushing.
- Stomach ulcers.
Very few patients who have pancreatic cancer may notice any signs or symptoms, which will help in the early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. Mostly, the symptoms will go unnoticed.
Researchers are therefore trying their best to follow the patterns that will help in the early detection of cancer.
The vagueness of the disease puts forth many challenges in its treatment procedures. If you are handling the trauma of pancreatic cancer, a good surgical intervention is a must. Contact the best surgical oncologist in Gurgaon to increase your survival rate.
Did you know?
About 1 in every 64 people develop pancreatic cancer?
The stats clearly show the fatality of the disease. But since symptoms are rarely a way to detect cancer, what other criteria are to be looked for?
One of the helpful considerations is to judge your vulnerability to pancreatic cancer through the different risk factors.
Following is a list which you should tally with. This will give you an idea about the chances of acquiring the disease.
- People having type 2 diabetes.
- Smoking increases your risk of pancreatic cancer.
- BMI over 30 is a risk factor for pancreatic cancer. Thus, obese people should actively maintain a better lifestyle by exercising and eating a healthy diet.
- Exposure to chemicals is dangerous for the well-being of your health. It enhances the possibility of developing pancreatic cancer.
- Heavy alcohol drinking and smoking cause long-standing diseases like chronic pancreatitis. This is one of the causes of cancer.
- Low levels of lycopene and selenium in the diet make you susceptible to the disease. Make sure to maintain a well-balanced diet that comprises all the nutrients.
- A high-fat diet is endangering your health. Along with other life-threatening diseases, it also increases your risk of pancreatic cancer.
- 60% of pancreatic cancer is reported to be seen in older patients. Thus, the risk advances with growing age.
- A family history of pancreatic cancer is a common cause of the disease. About 10% of people who have this cancer have been shown to get it as a part of their lineage.
- Pancreatic cancer in women is usually lower when compared to men.
The cancer tumor progresses slowly, but this does not lower the trivial risks of the disease.
Considering all the risk factors and cases of noticeable signs, if any, it is vital to diagnose cancer early.
Cancer deaths are raising the bar every day. The only way to prevent tragic deaths is by keeping caution and close association with your doctor.
The healthcare provider will keep a check on your body changes and, through different diagnostic tools, try to keep you safe from all types of lethal cancers or diseases.
If you are at risk of getting pancreatic cancer, talk to Dr. Kaushal Yadav, one of the topmost oncologists in Gurgaon, India.
Contact the best Cancer doctor in Gurgaon!
Dr. Kaushal Yadav is an extensively trained cancer surgeon in Gurgaon,
India with exceptional skills. An alumini of MS (Surgery) from PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana, India. Presently he is working as Senior Consultant Surgical Oncology at Narayna Superspeciality Hospital, Gurugram.
☎ Call: +91-87505 87489
🖥Visit us at: https://cancersurgerygurugram.com/
🏥Location: Narayna Superspeciality Hospital
DLF Phase 3, Sector 24
Gurugram, Haryana 122002(INDIA).
Medstates Care Clinic,
G21/22, Ocus Quantum,
Sector- 51, Gurugram