Secondhand smoke– The exhaled out smoke that the burning end of the cigarette belches out.
The government these days, have made the ‘no smoking’ rule quite evident. Go to a theatre; you are reminded not to smoke, see all the posters in the road; again verbalizing the agenda to leave smoking!
We have now and again heard, Cigarette smoking is injurious to health,” or “Smoking causes cancer.”
No one pays heed to the warning signs, that is depicted in the cigarette packets too!
An active smoker is constantly derided for his smoking habits. Even after knowing the health risks like heart disease, lung cancer, etc, he is unable to sway his addictions.
But what about the non smokers?? Of course they know the adversities of the toxic chemicals present in a cigarette. So, as a natural instinct they avoid smoking, they, even urge there family and friends to quit tobacco products.
Ironically, did you know: Passive smokers have the same harmful health effects as smoking!!
Questions that you may be tripping over now are:
What are the chances of getting cancer from second hand smoke? What types of cancer can second hand smoke cause?
Here are the effects of second hand smoke-
- It causes severe respiratory infections.
- Adverse health effects also include stroke, lung cancer risk.
- Cigarette smoke when inhaled as a result of side stream smoke can acutely damage your heart causing cardiovascular diseases.
- Passive smoke harms children at an astonishing rate. Study shows, children growing in an environment where parents are active smoker, causes adverse health effects in them.
They are susceptible to bronchitis and pneumonia. Also risk of cancer is an apparent factor. Make sure to observe your children for any symptoms and take immediate actions if they show any endangering signs. Contact the Best Pediatric oncologist in Gurgaon too, who can give the best treatment to your child.
All these debasing health dangers occur from one source, i.e. Tobacco!
Know the Truth about Tobacco-
- Tobacco has the potential of killing more than half of it’s consumers.
- Tobacco smoke has carcinogenic factor in them. They damage the DNA of a person, thus causing uncontrolled cell growth.
- The fatality of tobacco users increases when they smoke in combination to taking harmful substance like alcohol
- Second hand smoke exposure and active smoking can cause cancers of the bladder, cervix, kidney, colorectal, pancreas, oesophagus, stomach, in addition to lung and oral cancer.
Dealing with cancer, leaves the patient in quandary. Reaching out to good oncologist like Dr. Kaushal Yadav, from Gurgaon, can give you some reassurance.
- Tobacco usage is also associated with covid 19
Few high quality studies show the stats to how tobacco is lowering our life standards:
- Tobacco is expected to kill around 1 billion users in the 21st century
- It has caused the deaths of 100 million in the 20th century
- 2.5 million non smokers died in the past century due to the level of exposure.
- 1000 neonates are delivered dead annually because of the mother smoking.
- Second hand smoking too, causes cancer as tobacco contains 70 carcinogenic products in it.
It is of best interest, if you visit a medical expert in case of any cancerous signs. Refer the best medical oncologist in Gurgaon and the best oncologist in Delhi who you can refer to if you’re based in Gurgaon or Delhi NCR. Do not play with your life, take active steps in defeating cancer!
You may also wonder,
How to avoid second hand smoke living with a smoker?
- Directly ask the person to avoid smoking in your presence. Theatres, malls, and many places have ‘ no smoking zones.’ Make your house a- no- smoking- zone too.
- Maintain the indoor air quality of your home.
- Make sure to keep away young children and elder people from smoking areas.
- If anyone is smoking inside the car, open your windows, to let the fresh air take place of the injurious smoke.
- Opt for smoke free restaurants.
- Do not let the period of exposure to smoking extend exponentially. Excuse yourself whenever anyone smokes in front of you.
Cancer is a fight that you cannot give up on!
Refer to the Best oncologist in Gurgaon, if you are staying here or any good cancer doctors who will help in making your journey a little easier. Tobacco’s end result maybe cancer, but it is in your hand to prevent tobacco from ‘ holding the reigns of your life.’